The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), in an effort to ensure that as many owners, managers and operators of HUD Assisted Multifamily properties have the most up-to-date information on financing and sustaining their HUD properties, is pleased to announce that the agency is conducting one additional workshop in its series of 2013 Advanced Preservation training sessions.
This is an opportunity for any individuals who were unable to take advantage of previous sessions, for individuals who would like a refresher on the materials, or for those who could not participate for the full three-days of training.
This training builds upon the basic “Partners in Housing” course. (The note-taking guide from the Basic course is available here and the PPTs are available here.) The basic course is not a prerequisite, but participants must be familiar with HUD Multifamily programs, including Section 202 Direct Loans, Section 236, Section 8 rental assistance renewal options, and refinance programs such as Section 223(f) and Section 221(d)(4) in order to have the optimum learning experience.
The presenters for this workshop are, Vincent O’Donnell and Gates Dunaway, two highly regarded and well-respected industry experts. They will lead participants through case studies and discussions on options for refinancing and repositioning multifamily properties. The latest information on HUD programs will also be presented.
In order to make every effort at reaching as many individual owners and operators as possible, we are sharing some of our preferences, course information, and asking for your cooperation with several items:
• Have participated in either the Basic Preservation workshop or webcast training (not mandatory, but preferred)
• We suggest that you refresh your knowledge of the Basic course material by visiting the HUD Preservation page
• Limit the number of attendees from your organization– no more than 3 representatives per session
• Travel and accommodations are at the attendees own expense
• Sessions are 8:30a.m. registration – 9 a.m -5 p.m. training each day
• Questions please email Celeste Lawson
The training will take place at HUD headquarters in downtown Washington D.C. and it will also be webcast in real time. To register for either the in-person session or for the webcast, click on the appropriate link below:
Washington D. C. HUD Headquarters in-person training – June 17 – 19, 2013 (Register)
Washington D. C. HUD Headquarters webcast participation – June 17 – 19, 2013 (Register)
A sample agenda is below:
Day One: Strategies for Preserving Rental Assistance
• Calculating allowable budget-based rent adjustments
• Mark-up-market rent adjustments
• Applying for project-based voucher assistance under the Rental Assistance Demonstration
Day Two: Recapitalizing Section 202 and Section 236 properties
• Developing pro-formas under Section 223(f)
• Calculating the benefits of IRP Decoupling, Section 202 Refinances
Day Three: Repositioning Section 202 and Section 236 properties with Low Income Housing Tax Credits
• Developing budgets with LIHTCs (4% and 9%)
• Combining LIHTCs with Section 221(d)(4) mortgages and tax-exempt bond financing
• Developer fees, distributions, residual receipts, repayment of Flexible Subsidy loans
Register today for the this free and informative event!